Tuesday, November 21, 2017

oh no it's the dreaded TIMED CHALLENGE, lol

this week at shopping our stash the challenge is to create a thank you card. but the twist (because you KNEW there HAD TO be a twist, right?!) is that you have to make it in 30 minutes!!! (and YES, you should set the timer!) i am not a fast crafter, you guys. but i did make a card in pretty close to the allotted time, and i do actually like what i made. so i'm calling this a win!

stickers: funny sticker world (critters), echo park (sun + grass), crate paper (pink scallop border), mme (alphas), michaels (tiny puffy hearts); patterned paper: my mind's eye (clouds) + echo park (polaroid); tapes: little b, love my tapes; adhesives: elmers brand gluetape, 3m foam tape

i have to admit that whereas i didn't exactly cheat... i definitely stacked the deck in my favor. i figured it'd be good to use all pre-made ingredients, so i concentrated on stickers and tape. i knew it would be a lot faster to do something i've done before than to think up an entirely new concept, so i gathered supplies to make a little scene inside a faux polaroid. i also felt it was absolutely essential to have a road map, so i grabbed the sketch half of the current fusion card challenge:


i confess that i thought about what i wanted to use in advance, and gathered most of my materials before i started the clock. i chose things that wouldn't involve very much fussy cutting and i didn't do any machine stitching. on the other hand, the lack of the latter is kind of bugging me, so there's a definite chance that i'll go back and at least stitch around the outside of the card before i actually mail this baby. ;)


hop over to SOS to see the amazing... and FAST... creations from the rest of my design team darlings! ♥

4 comments:

  1. The little scene in the poloroid is so cute, Great use of stickers and love your background too. I also had to organize what I was using, because I'm still working out of a couple of boxes from the cottage. I usually have bases ready to go in a file folder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those wee critters!
    The warm happy scene makes me (almost) forget how cold it is outside LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. The magic of your 30 minutes is incredible. I could just sit here and squeal all day, but then my boss might wonder why I'm looking at cards instead of working (so I have to keep the squealing to a minimum). :o haha Thanks for playing along at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card in 30 minutes...well wonderful no matter how long it took. I love a timed challenge...it makes me decide and not dither.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~