Wednesday, October 4, 2017

The Cutest Trick-or-Treaters on the Block!

Here's a shocking true confession: Until recently, I have not always made Halloween cards every year. I think it was just because I didn't ever seem to have the right ingredients; by which I mean a selection of Eyelet Outlet Halloween Brads. Because now that I do, I ♥LOVE♥ making Halloween cards, and this one might be my favorite so far: 


When I was lucky enough to win my choice of Pretty Pink Posh stamp sets (via the Summer Blog Hop at Coffee Loving Cardmakers) I chose Holiday Pals because I knew they'd look adorable dressed up for Christmas with Eyelet Outlet Antler Brads and Elf Hats. But when I was looking through my Halloween stash, I realized they'd be equally adorable dressed up to Trick-or-Treat! From left to right I've given them: Witch Hats, Small Eyes, Mustache Brads, Witch Legs, Men's Hats and Eye Glass Brads

My top tip for adding brads to small fussy-cut creatures is to add the brads BEFORE you cut the critters out; that way you can use the hidden bits of cardstock as extra support! For example, I cut around these guys' HATS, rather than just their heads. I also suggest turning the brads a bit, if necessary, to hide them better behind the critters. However, if necessary, you can trim the brad legs with sturdy craft scissors. If bits of the brads can be seen through-- as in the case of the Eye Glass Brad on the Bulldog and the Mustache Brad on the Bunny-- use a pen that coordinates with your background to color the part that can be seen, so that you do not have to trim INSIDE the image to make it fit! In the case of the awesome Witch Leg Brads, they were just slightly too long for Miss Kitty, so I trimmed them with my sturdy craft scissors, and attached them to the front of the cat with gluedots.


All that was left to do is build a scene for the sweet Trick-or-Treaters to inhabit. I used patterned paper for the sky and the moon, Wide Brick Washi for the wall, Glitter Black Tape for the pavement, then filled in with Pumpkins, Kittens and Bat Brads to add a little more seasonal color!


I'm joining in the Halloween theme of "A Walk On the Darkside" on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. (Admittedly my cuuuuute critters' darkside is not allllll that dark, lol!) And I was inspired by Sketch #281 from Sketch Saturday which I've rotated ninety degrees counterclockwise; this having been a month with a fifth Saturday, we could choose any layout from their amazing archive. By the way, I thank them for the shoutout on my Embossed Christmas card from last week!


Need more spooktacular inspiration? Check the Eyelet Outlet blog each day to see what the Designers are up to, or click the Halloween tag to see all of the seasonal designs so far!

7 comments:

  1. Love this fun spooky card. Great choice of stamps with your win. Lovin those brads too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER cute and fun card! The scene is just darling and great stamps to go with it. LOVE IT!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card and your colouring is pretty good not sure what you are talking about. love your use of the EO products.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Lauren, the images are adorable and definitely too cute to spook :-) the googly eyes and background are fabulous too :-) LOVE it :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've outdone yourself on the cute scale whit this one. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO super cute! (from a fellow SS DT)

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~