Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Love You a Latte

It's the middle of September, which means it's time to join the lovely Amy Tsuruta and the gang at Coffee Loving Cardmakers for the Fall Coffee Lovers Bloghop!


Since I have the *PERFECT* ingredients-- Eyelet Outlet Coffee Brads-- I'm excited to jump on board.


The older I get, the more I appreciate Autumn: cooler temperatures, beautiful colors as the foliage here in the Northeast changes, and yes, a delicious warm caffeinated beverage are all things I enjoy, so I've tried to capture them in my card. I started by adorning the oversized copper "LOVE" diecut with a few paper flowers and the adorable Coffee Brads. I wanted to emphasize the sentiment a little bit more, so I added a couple of Pearl Hearts to the cups. Did you know that you can create your own custom bling and pearls, just by coloring them with alcohol ink markers? Thus I was able to make mine the perfect shade of golden yellow to coordinate with the diecut vintage paper leaves I had watercolored with all my favorite fall shades of ColorBurst. 


When it came time to build the card, I lined up some neat strips of Wide Brick Washi, Glitter Copper and Skinny Orange Tape so that I would have the perfect home for my compound sentiment. And whereas I may be the only coffee-loving American who doesn't love Pumpkin Spice flavoring in my coffee, that doesn't mean I don't love to mix a few Pumpkin Brads with my Coffee Brads, lol! 


I always start with a slightly bigger background than I think I'm going to need, so I don't run out of room. In this case, I wound up with a 3x6" offcut of woodgrain paper with the beautiful layers of tape, which seemed like the perfect size to make an extra little tag!


A few more leaves, a heart diecut, some smaller alphas and another Coffee + Pumpkin Brad pairing and I was good to go! Be sure to hop over to the Eyelet Outlet Blog and see what delights the other designers have whipped up for you this week! ♥

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love all the fabulous detail! 🍁☕️🍂

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card and tag set. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh now hello gorgeous coffee projects. You're awesome Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love the lettering on your card, beautiful textures.
    The tag is lovely decorated with a great look and feel of Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both such awesome and fun Fall designs; love them both. Great layers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card & tag combo. Just back from vacation in Turkey where the weather was in the mid 30's now here it's a measly 15 & raining! So need to call in and get me a cup of steaming pumpkin latte from my favourite coffee vendor! Love the wood grain paper gives it a great base. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooohh...Lauren...this card and tag are BREATH TAKING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card and tag, love the wood backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card and tag. All you added looks so great against the wood backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is beautiful!! Need to check them out soon :)

    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Shanna
    www.caffeinatedcraftiness.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~