Tuesday, June 21, 2016

say yes to the dress

this week's challenge at shopping our stash is called "always a bridesmaid" and we'd like to see projects with a dress form or a dress on them. sounds like fun, no? here's what i made:

well dressed lady from a vintage sewing pattern; patterned paper: basic grey; journal cards: pink paislee; sheer journal card: pink fresh studio; lovely sticker and camera border: amy tangerine/american crafts; flowery tape: little b; tape measure clear sitcker: hambly; florals: prima; dimensional sticker: crate paper; fall stitched flower, mini stitched flower and strawberry brads: eyelet outlet;  

my dress is on a sewing pattern lady. she'd've been a favorite even if i hadn't happened upon her, already fussy cut and ready to roll, whilst looking for something else entirely. the only mystery here is what circumstances would've made me NOT use her for whatever the original project was? b/c seriously, it's hard to imagine the situation in which she was not the perfect choice! but for whatever reason, she was there, i found her, and i was thrilled!

i used this week's (#417) sketch saturday a bit loosely, and rotated 90 degrees, but i think you can still see it?


there's loads more lovely inspiration at SOS from my design team darlings; do give yourself the treat of hopping over!

14 comments:

  1. Yep, this fancy little Miss most definitely had to be on this amazing card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! You lady is so feminine and so yesteryear! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! You lady is so feminine and so yesteryear! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another awesome collage, hmm maybe I should be buying up patterns at yardsales lol. I love everything about this card bonus that your image was waiting for you to find her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WAHHH... my comment disappeared!
    Yeah, I wonder how you passed this gal up the first time! Anyhow, she's perfect now, and the layers and colore you chose are, like, ummm, PERFECT! So 1960s Barbie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that show, love your paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely!! I love all the detail that you put into this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is great, I remember this lady on the front of all my nana's dress patterns when she was teaching me to sew. Love all the elements and the inclusion of stiching around the edge.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Lauren: I remember this beautiful patterns from my grandma's sewing closet, I wish I had some with me now. What a fabulous and beautiful way to use this image, I love all the wonderful details on this card.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Lauren: I remember this beautiful patterns from my grandma's sewing closet, I wish I had some with me now. What a fabulous and beautiful way to use this image, I love all the wonderful details on this card.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful card! From a purely graphic standpoint the composition is practically perfect. Great work!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is indeed lovely Lauren, great card! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this, all the details that colour co-ordinate so well together. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This takes me back to the day when I used to make clothes and use patterns resembling this dress! It's so clever, unique and so much fun to use this style!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~