Thursday, February 14, 2013

♥happy valentine's day!♥

last night i made the world's fastest valentine card... (but perhaps also the most delicious?!) ...for my very handsome and adorable neighbor, john. ♥

(patterned paper: sei, prima, current, bo bunny, autumn leaves + origami paper;  pen: copic outliner; dove candies stuck on with gluedots)
lest you be worried about lovely husband jeff, you should know that he is 100% supportive of this relationship. for one thing, he likes john... who is six... and lives across the hall from us! :) at the moment john is very VERY "into" sending and receiving mail, a subject he started learning about in school a couple of weeks ago. since then, we've been exchanging letters and drawings, mostly by leaving them on each others' doormats; i honestly am not sure who is enjoying it more, though i *think* it might be ME! but then let's face it, there is nothing quite as cool as waking up to a "letter" with very neat pencil printing and a row of star wars lego stickers! look out girls of central new jersey, ten years from now you'll be in BIG TROUBLE! ♥♥♥

on the other hand, it's also quite fab to open one's mailbox and finding a totally unexpected greeting and a few treats from a lovely online friend! in this case the benefactor was my very talented fellow ♥JINGLE BELLEcyndie reis* who very sweetly sent me this gorgeous card, which of course i treasure!


there were candies, too, but someone may have scarfed those down too quickly for a photo to be taken! i'm naming no names, here. ok... yeah... it was totally me! :)

finally, on this lovely thursday, i'll leave you with one more holiday thought:



ok, seriously, in real life, this is probably a bad idea. unless you're both cats. or perched on a fence. or both! :) :) :)

happy valentine's day, 
darlings!
♥♥♥♥♥

*if you're not reading cyndie's blog you're missing out on both crafty inspiration AND some wonderful writing; she has a great eye as well as a fantastic sense of humor!

6 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

You got Star Wars LEGO stickers? Oh boy. I think you might be his girlfriend now :) How cool that you can help him celebrate the fun of getting mail!

Ros Crawford said...

Awww! How lovely to get mail like that and I just know Jon will love his card ... Love how you put those chocolates on ... and your card from Cyndie is beautiful! Loving the cats!
Happy Valentines!

Leslie Hanna said...

I agree, I think you ARE his girlfriend! That is so sweet, as is YOUR CARD! :D

Cyndie said...

How fun to check out your blog today and see my name! So glad you liked the card, I always enjoy reading your blog and seeing your creations. Now I have to get my rear in gear on the JB sketch.

Patrice said...

I miss seeing you at 52 Card Pickup, Lauren...I hope you'll link up soon!

Gina said...

awww So cute!! I love this card. How sweet (total pun there and mean it) lol. I hope you had a great day!!