Friday, July 15, 2011

JB29: reindeer games!!!

i don't think it's news to anyone that pink and girly is sort of my "default card". but apparently that is now even true of holiday cards, even one for this week's prompt at JINGLE BELLES, "reindeer games" in which we are asking you to incorporate your favorite holiday critters, whether those be actual reindeer or...well... penguins, polar bears, chris-MOOSE, cardinals, or heck, even cats, dogs or mice in santa hats! anything goes, just work in a sweet holiday-themed animal in some way!

now back to my card: i knew i was going to use my favorite tim holtz reindeer die. i thought i was going to do something super-traditional, but then i found the journaling card that i think came in a sticker grab-bag i bought from kelly kilmer last month. anyway, despite it being pink and shabby chic and so forth, when i saw the sentiment, "dream of magical things" i suddenly thought, "hey! that could be TOTALLY christmassy!" and i think i was right! :)

(patterned paper: laura ashley, paper co; metallic bronze cardstock from jam paper; reindeer die: tim holtz; journaling card: unknown... but COOOOOL! :) flowers: stolen from aunt!* ribbon: may arts; buttons: making memories; bling: oriental trading; ink: colorbox; adhesives: tombow monorunner, 3m foam tape, gluedots, sewing machine)

so why not collect *YOUR* favorite holiday critters--remember you don't have to use reindeer unless you want to!-- and join us at JINGLE BELLES by next wednesday, june 2oth for the REINDEER GAMES!!! ♥



*no seriously, my aunt--who is always giving me crafty "odds and ends"--had a branch of these pretty glittery silver flowers sitting on her dining room table one day, next to a book i had lent to her, so naturally i THOUGHT they were for me, grabbed them up enthusiastically, took them home and started ripping them off the stem to use on cards. later that night, she called and asked if i had seen the stem of flowers she was planning to use for... something... ??!?! ummmmmmmmmmm... those weren't for ME??!?! sorry!!! IOU some flowers, k?! :) :) :)

11 comments:

  1. Love your auntie story:) Fabbie pink card...love the challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect. The contrast and idea is great. I love it!! I really would love to make a penguin or polar bear card. I might have to try to attempt this, but doubtful. :( I think I'm getting a cold. WTH? right? So many people are going to play along this week. I love this theme!! Hope you have a good weekend. The boys and I are probably going to the beach. I'm excited. Hope it doesn't rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what a sweet card.

    lisa a.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooooooo GORGEOUS! LOVE it!
    *LOVE your aunt story...oops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card ... maybe I will get home in time to make one? ... Love the story of your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this pretty, feminine card! I'll have to try and play with you guys @ JB, I just love reindeer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooohhh this is just over the top gorgeous! Tim Holtz and pink...swoon....

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is why you are so amazing…you can take non-traditional papers and embellishments and make a simply elegant Christmas card. Lovely, L!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How creative! I never would have thought to get out my all occasion papers for a holiday card. This card is so pretty and perfect for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it. so pretty and unusual - this'll be a favourite for anyone who is so lucky as to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty xmas card and love the sentiment. Your aunts flowers is looking good ;-)

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~