Friday, November 19, 2010

i call it a "LOLcard!" :)

it's what you get when you combine a lolcat (in this case one of my favorite birthday ones!) with a greeting card (in this case for lhj's brother); and it looks something like this:

(lol cat: i can has cheezburger; glossy cardstock: ranger; photo paper: kodak ultra; photo corners: sei; epoxy stickers: love elsie, sei, michaels, around the block, sue dreamer; adhesives: tombow monorunner, 3m foam tape; other: vintage map, sewing machine)

i think it's probably just a matter of time before these things are sweepin' the nation, don't you??!?!? at the very least, they'll be dusting the wainscotting of the nation, surely?! :) in the meantime i've decided to submit this for the current challenge at the order of the opus glueii, where the topic is, and i quote, men men men men manly men!!! :) :) :) i hope it will count as a "masculine" design even though it's not particularly masculine-themed?! (the cat in the pic does look VERY MUCH like alan's cat, yoda, though...who is a boy cat...does that count, jana? rosemary??) ♥♥♥

14 comments:

  1. LOL indeed. I love the way this cat is thinking. Your card is fabulous. I love the border. Gonna have to "lift" that one. OF COURSE this counts for OPUS GLUEI. It's for a man. It's a boy cat. Perfect for the MAN challenge. Thanks so much for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card, soooooooooo funny! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny and oh, so wonderful! I think it certainly fits the Manly Men challenge. Love that cat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute and so fun!! I definitely think they'll start sweeping the nation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cool! Although I am a cat phobia (is there a name for that? cynophobia? ailurophbia?) this is still cool to me, especially the vintage map.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy your humor very much Lauren!! ROFLMAO!! Loving those stickers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I love! Its very KiMemories Esque Manly. I don't know why I think that. I love it. Very great man card. Totally cool. Love the map as the bg.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why, of course this counts! It also made me laugh, I also love the idea of a cat named Yoda - Party I willll....cake I will eat (my husband actually came in and busted me because I was just talking in the Yoda voice - embarrassed I am). HEE HEE

    I love this!

    Thanks for participating with us at Opus Gluei!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is soooo cute and fun! Love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the picture you used. so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL!
    It's almost like you can hear the cat saying that he should 'test' it - you know, to make sure it's okay for the guest! :D

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~