first lemme just say a ♥MASSIVE♥ thank you to june and tracy. two years ago, when i'd just started blogging, i solicited advice about diecutting machines: who had 'em, how much did they use them, how content were they with compatiblity of dies, what variety of material could they cut, and about a zillion other questions. june had just "met" me and to tracy i was just a friend of june's, but those two answered all of them...and sent links and emails...and did not let slip so much as ONE SOUND of disappointment or disparagement when i decided that i didn't need a diecutter right then. for this and so much else i am appreciative and grateful to these lovely and talented ladies!!!
flash forward to the present: i've FINALLY taken the leap!
a combination of seriously good michaels' coupons and half-price clearance alphabets finally lured me a couple of weeks ago. i'm embarrassed to say that by virtue of no time, last week's cold from hell, and a teeny bit of uncharacteristic techno-fear, i only got the c-bug out and played with it (until waAaaAaaaAAy too late) last night, and so far i've confined myself to using a nested flower die and seeing how many different things i can use it on and the relative coolness of each.
here's an example of how THAT'S going:
(successful materials so far...vaguely l to r from back: chipboard covered in paper, denim (!!!), acetate, old book pages, funky fake-cork-covered wallpaper swatch, bits of very thin old leatherette-type-stuff, magazine pages & tissue paper (many many layers of each, cut simultaneously) and corrugated cardboard)