for my first card, i've used the first of heidi's three awesome sketches. it looks a bit like this:
i rotated the sketch 90-degrees clockwise, and then somehow it became a bit foreshortened, mostly because both the pink and green panels you see before you were leftovers from other projects...and i decided i reallllllllly liked them together...and they were just not quite big enough to make a taller card. (this card-makin' lark is dead scientific, innit?!) :)
(rubber stamp: cherry top cupcake by DRS designs; patterned paper: sei, prima, basic grey; black glossy cardstock: ranger; bling circle: heidi swapp;diecut journaling flower: urban lily; inks: colorbox & staz-on; pencils: prismacolor; pen: zig;other: manual typewriter; adhesives: tombow mono runner, 3m foam tape)
the rest of the card is pretty self-explanatory: i've typed on a pre-made journaling card, blinged it up a bit, and assembled all my bits according to the sketch, adding layers of foam tape for the flower and various levels of the cupcake for extra dimension. inking just didn't feel quite right for this card, so as a finishing touch i outlined the panels slightly wonkily with a nice thin zig pen. and that's about it, really.