Saturday, March 7, 2009

52Q: 9

hooray for being officially caught up on 52Q! now i can read emily falconbridge's prompt each week, make my card, and post it with everyone else. you know...until i get BEHIND AGAIN... (which i will at some point!) but for now, i am enjoying one of my rare but coveted visits to the lovely and magical
kingdom of
caughtuptonia!!!!!!!


question 9: what was the last brave thing i did?

(page from a vintage children's book, gin-x rub-on letters, colorbox ink; reverse: basic grey paper, heidi swapp chip arrow, uniball pen)

text reads, "it only counts if we define BRAVE as, "really REALLY scared, but doing it anyway"...and even then it's totally lame: i am brave twice a year when me and my giant phobia (& a whole lotta xanax!) go to the (waaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!) DENTIST!)

9 comments:

  1. Amen, Sista! I am a total dentest-phobe...an anti-dentite? (Seinfeld episode).

    Love that you are caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooo hooo for being caught up and if it makes you feel any better I've had a dental-phobia for years...I go twice a year but absolutely dread it...have a super weekend sista!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no...a fear of dentists? You poor soul. I have had major dental work and if I had that phobia...I'd have no teeth left. Glad to see your caught up too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freaky co-incidence #whatevah....me too!!!! Had bad experience when 8yrs old and terrified ever since.
    Love that you used a CHICKEN for the front of your page...that made me laugh.
    And yay for you on being caught up! It's my hope for the day (writing early Sunday morning) but i'm not stressed...the questions won't be going anywhere.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving that chicken. I feel there may be some painted chickens in my near future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not lame! That's the only time I'm brave, too. And I got my first cavity that needs to be filled soon! Noooooooo!!!!!!!

    I've been lovin' your 52Q posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waaaahhhhoh...Thats what I ♥ when we catch up on things!!!!!Way to go Miss Lauren...
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.your 52q...Posts!!!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend...♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a quick comment here to let you know that you won the BLOG CANDY for coming up with a new name for my blog. AND I'm also going to use one of the names you thought up too....I wonder if you can guess which one...LOL! I'll get your goodies in the mail this week ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post! (And hate the dentist). The chicken is super cute- I can see a whole new trend coming out... Wish I could join you in the Kingdom of Caughtuptonia but it will never happen- sigh... debb

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~